Thursday, March 22, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

So it's been a while. But I am plugging along, and decreasing my computer use during Lent, which is good. A few things to share, though.

{pretty}
I have a glass bottle on the window sill obsession, and an early spring. My kitchen window sill is a colorful haven in the chaos that is often my kitchen.

Also Melanie turned 3 this week, and here is her cake. I happened to have 3 heart shaped cake pans so this was easy

{happy}

I found a terrific new family doctor after Theo was born. He has decorated his office in the painting of Gustav Klimt. I particularly was drawn to the "Tree of Life" and have since purchased it and it hangs over my bed. Life is so beautiful!


{funny}

Some of the younger children were having such fun last night. While my nearly 8 year old played (quite well, by the way) the harmonica, the other 3 were jumping, dancing and skipping around. Ordinary, precious moments!
And another ordinary, precious moment: Melanie cleaning out the bowl of cake batter on her birthday

{real}
Theo is 7 months now, and today for the first time began pulling books off the shelf and examining them very closely. The look of pride on his face was precious, and I know it is just the beginning of his delight in encountering the world, and of my books being rearranged.


More {p,h, f, r} at Like Mother, Like Daughter

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Cute image of your little one with the books!! I like the Klimt, and the cake. And I *love* colored glass!

March 22, 2012  
Blogger Jen said...

I love the colored glass on the window sill. Simple beauty.

March 22, 2012  
Blogger Hope said...

Of course I wanted a close up of the books so I could read the titles! I am so curious what other people read.

You made me want a windowsill in my kitchen for glass bottles.

March 23, 2012  
Blogger Renee said...

Hi Hope! Those books were my Dean Koonz "Odd Thomas" series. So good to hear from you!

March 23, 2012  
Blogger Leila said...

Great post! I love that Klimt print! And all your thoughts.

March 24, 2012  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

One of my favorite families! :o)

April 03, 2012  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

It's been so long since I've blogged or checked out any blogs...I didn't know you had another child! I am pregnant with our 8th. That little guy of yours is adorable. Your whole family is beautiful. God bless you all!

April 07, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home